How to rave til dawn and beyond
We’ve all been there, it’s 3am, a few hours deep into the party, and you’re flagging. Legs aching, body feeling drained and fantasising about being wrapped up in bed, not knee deep in the rave.
No matter what your age, lethargy and fatigue can creep in for numerous reasons. But how can you ensure that (with a little bit of luck) you can make it through the night?
It all comes down to stamina and how to cultivate that long lasting energy within yourself. The good news is, you don’t have to be a full-time sportsman to build up your stamina, just a few simple conscious additions to your lifestyle can make a world of difference.
- What you do outside the rave is, of course, very helpful. So consider taking up a sport, or regular exercise. Meditation and the all-important healthy diet can also help.
- In terms of what you eat before going out, avoid sugary food. Food with complex carbohydrates, fibre, lean protein, healthy fats, and antioxidants provide a steady stream of energy as opposed to the sharp spike of sugar.
- Drink water, it combats muscle fatigue and boosts stamina. According to your weight, drink 5 - 7ml per kg four hours before you go out. For a 9 stone woman (57kg), that’s around 400ml, while a 12 stone man (76kg) would need around 500ml, for example.
- Have a disco nap. Aim for between 10 - 20 minutes for maximum benefit.
- Stretch. Take a break to stretch your limbs, which increases blood flow to your muscles and tendons.
- Breathe. Similarly, step outside and take some deep, conscious breaths to fill your weary body with energy-boosting oxygen. In tandem with stretching, it will rejuvenate your body.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection